Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hayman Island Part II?


Two nights ago I received a call from my old manager on Hayman Island. He asked me to come back and work for him again.


WHAT THE FUCK?!


Honestly this was the last thing I was expecting. As my dismissal was changed to a resignation on the books, it entitles me to return after three months. Four months has almost passed since I left the Island.


This leaves me with a huge decision to make. Do I go back or do I stick to my plans. Now my plans are by no way locked in (apart from NZ in May). But going back to the Island will change the whole dynamic of what I am hoping to do.


I loved living on Hayman and the island life. But at least 80% of my friends have moved on. So obviously I wouldn't be going back for reunite with my friends. I was in the process of becoming supervisor, however I believe someone has filled that role since I have left. So it would be very hard for me to go back for anything less then supervisor, my AM even told me not to except any positions lower then supervisor when I left the island. And I have been told that I will be doing HDs (supervisor) after a few months of returning back to Crown.


Now my manager told me he was going to check with HR yesterday, to make sure I was eligible to return and then give me a call. Yet I have not heard from him. There are a number of possibilities as of why he has not called yet: he could have totally written himself off after he called me and forgot all about the conversation (although my AM was there as well so he should have reminded him).

He never got around to checking with HR/calling me back. Or,

HR has on my record that I was dismissed and I am not eligible to return any time soon, which makes calling me back a low priority.


In any case I have been considering the options, and if the possibility of becoming supervisor is on the cards (I've heard the current sup might be leaving soon) then I think I might take the opportunity. I really did want to finish off at that place on my own terms, plus this will give me the opportunity to win the Outstanding Achiever Award I was robbed of!


But I'm not going to get my hopes up or make any decisions until I get the call back and know exactly what my options are.



I found the picture on http://www.ffffound.com/ and it is exactly how I am approaching life at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the photos, the writings and this whole blog.

    Don't know how I found you, but it seems to be worth it.

    ReplyDelete