Saturday, March 14, 2009

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

So nothing has really changed since my last update. I've got a job, I just haven't started yet. I decided to go back my old place of employment (only took one phone call). But they have changed their process for hiring. First I had upload my resume to their jobs site. Then it becomes a long waiting game. My department has to contact recruitment about me. Who then have to pull up my resume (and previous file) and do the paperwork. This then gets sent up to the recruitment officer in my department (who I initially called). He then has to 'interview' me, fill out the paper work, then process it. And THEN I have to wait for the next intake of staff so I can do the formal training again. It just goes on and on and on. Hopefully I start training by next Monday, because I am seriously short of money at the moment, and it's stopping me form living my normal life.







Since I have a lot of free time at the moment, I've started skating again (for the first time in seven odd years). Unfortunately I have no note worthy stories about this as of yet. In a related topic Tony Hawk and the Birdhouse crew are in Australia. Their demo today in Frankston was rained out so they will be doing a make up demo at Prahran skate park tomorrow at 11.30. It's free entertainment so you can guarantee I'll be there!


Has anyone out there read Tucker Max's book? My friend directed me toward his web site
(apparently I remind her of him) and I haven't been able to stop reading his stories since. Not to mention I probably haven't laughed so hard in my life either. I haven't read his book yet (being poor and all means I can't afford to buy it), but it's defiantly the first book I will be buying when I get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment